Ducati 749/999 track bike/racer
I have a track bike for sale, registered as a 749 (V5 available, bike on SORN) 2005 but with relevant parts fitted to increase capacity to 998cc. The bike would be suitable for the Formula Pro Stocks FP2 series. The specification is as follows.
- Ducati 1098S Ohlins R&T forks fitted, re-valved by Crescent Performance to suit the bike. Titanium front wheel spindle and nut.
- Marvic magnesium wheels.
- Brembo M50 front brake calipers with Z04 pads.
- Two full length front brake hoses (HEL).
- Brembo RCS front brake and clutch master cylinders. Front brake lever guard fitted.
- Oberon clutch slave cylinder with anti-rotation clutch push rod.
- Alloy front fairing/instrument bracket.
- Ohlins rear shock absorber.
- Ohlins steering damper.
- Fork yokes set up to mimic 749R geometry.
- 525 chain and sprocket conversion fitted. Steel crankcase protector guard fitted.
- Pirelli Supercorsa SP tyres fitted, approx. 50% used.
- Brand new Continental Race Attack rain tyres fitted to spare wheels.
- 999S barrels, heads, pistons, crankshaft (balanced), and gearbox assembled into 749 ‘shallow’ sump crankcases to allow use of 54mm Termignioni ‘banana’ exhaust system.
- Heads skimmed to increase compression ratio. Custom tensioner rollers installed to compensate.
- Sigma slipper clutch.
- Lightened flywheel.
- Ducati 916 throttle twist grip fitted with fast idle button (single cable).
- Race air filters.
- Lithium battery.
- Custom map produced by CJS (Chris Steedman) and bike produces approximately 160BHP on his dyno.
There are a pair of tyre warmers available, in addition to a Starlane lap timer – power cable already installed.
The bike has had regular checks/servicing by Louigi Moto and has been given new belts and a check over by Richard Llewellin of Louigi Moto prior to sale.
There would be a small amount of work necessary to make the bike race-ready, eg., rain light.
I’m looking for £6,750 for the bike.
Martin Marriott email@example.com 07866 355734